Thursday, March 14, 2013

Cheers!

The one thing about working in an elementary school is that I am reminded of when my girls were little. I picture them sitting at lunch laughing with their friends, going across the monkey bars, answering questions in meeting, and so much more.

I also get to go to music class. Never one of my favorites growing up, and now, not either. I was schooled in how to sing the lullaby "Hush Little Baby" last week, though. I guess the version I sang to the girls wasn't quite "right".

My version:

Hush little baby, don't say a word,
Mama's going to buy you a mockingbird.

If that mockingbird don't sing, 
Mama's going to buy you a diamond ring.

If that diamond ring don't shine,
Mama's going to drink a glass of wine. 

Maybe I should have paid more attention in music class.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

Hey, I know that song!

Tami said...

I will be singing this song very loudly tonight as I open my bottle of wine!! LOL
Have a great weekend!