Monday, October 6, 2014

5-0

It was my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary this weekend. My brother, sister and I hemmed and hawed about what to do to celebrate a milestone that is a GREAT feat in this day and age. My mom simplified it by saying that she wanted family photos done by a professional (not me). So I gave my friend Amy at Amy Dykens Photography a call and she agreed to take on the challenge. We met yesterday afternoon and I saw a few of the pics she took which are, of course, awesome. Because she was taking care of the "official" pictures, I could take some of the "unofficial" pictures. The unofficial pictures are what you can see now.




I love that my parents created our great family. We have all had our share of ups and downs, but they have been the rock through it all. I also love that we can have fun together, be silly, but protect each other's backs at the same time. Heads up Grandkids, you can plan the 75th festivities!!

4 comments:

KK said...

Love this X 100million!!

Melisa Wells said...

Happy, happy 50th to your parents! They were married in the same year as my parents: what a coincidence! ;)

Here's to many more happy years together.

Also, I like the unofficial pics. ;)

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

Beautiful, Happy happy happy!!! Wish we could've been there to celebrate along with you -- miss you guys!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Fifty years!!! Congratulation to your folks.
And your family is beautiful.
Looks like you made some nice memories... and photos.