Saturday, May 6, 2017

Not a Teenager Any More

K,

20. Holy crap. How did that happen?

When I look at you, I still see this:




But in reality, you are a beautiful young lady making it on your own. Oh, I know that you have ideas and plans and things that you think you should be doing right now. However, take a look through my eyes. You have taken up residency 3000 miles away from home. You get yourself to work every day, you pay your bills, you grocery shop for yourself, you go to the beach whenever you can and you pay your rent. Extremely impressive. I know you don't see it that way because you get tangled up in "shoulds". Should haves, could haves and would haves can trip you up. Believe me, it has taken me many years to figure that one out.

So, as you embark on your 20s, have some goals in mind, but don't forget to sit back and smell the ocean,



remember how many people love you for you,


and that no matter what coast your are on, your mom is still your number 1 fan.


Happy Birthday sweet bun-nay.
I love you

No comments: