Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hot Chocolate

It's a good day for hot chocolate, even Gretel agrees. 2 kids home sick and me downing vitamin C like they were uppers, downers, advil? Pick your poison. 2 kids in their own beds asleep by 9 -yee ha! Too bad I am too tired to enjoy this feat. So yes, this is a picture of our labradoodle Gretel with her stuffed hot chocolate. The main reason for posting this was to see if I could actually get a picture on my blog. Now that I know how, watch out! The girls and I watched Hairspray today with John Travolta as the mom. If you haven't seen it, you have got to, if only to watch John Travolta play a woman 150lbs heavier than himself. I find myself staring at him and cracking up imagining what it must have been like to play opposite him. Yes, I can sing all the songs too. I am a sucker for a good musical. Does anyone have any advice on how to take care of canker sores? K has a huge one and other than the hot chocolate, spent the day only being able to down frappes. Poor little thing.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Hi!
I came over from "Best Part -- Worst Part of Your Day!" where you left a comment.

In regards to the canker sores, there are two ways to treat them that I know of.
1. My mom used to put a little hydrogen peroxide on a Q-tip, dab that on the sore, let it bubble for a while, and then wipe off the hp with the other end of the Q-tip. I think it worked, but we had to be careful not to taste the hp.
2. The way I have found to work best is to brush the sore with toothpaste somewhat aggressively. It hurts some, but it cleans out the germs and the sore heals quickly. Just be sure to brush the whole mouth regularly, or the sore may come back.

I hope that helps some.

Have a great day!