Sunday, April 27, 2008

Road trippin'

I know you are breathlessly awaiting the pictures from our 2 off Cape road trips. It's probably a wonder how you have been sleeping for the past few days. Well, it's time and here are a few. Didn't think you would need (or want) to see all 91 of them. We'll start with our amazing day in Duxbury, MA. The temp at the house was in the 80's and at the beach (that you can drive your car onto!) it was in the 70's. Just right for 2 moms to relax and chat while 5 kids wrote stories, put toes in the water, played pickle and sculptured mermaids.
One day back at home and then we were off again, this time to Westford to a college friend who married a college friend's home. There we met up with another college friend, are you getting this? Anyway, the hot tub was the hot spot. We told J that he would love this picture one day. Him in the hot tub with 5 chicks and only one being his sister! I don't think he believed us.
We were really surprised when Spiderman showed up. I mean nobody was in need of any help per say. We just needed to refill our glasses for Pete's sake.
I think he just wanted some ice-cream.
Yes, Kimball Farm has the best ice-cream of anywhere I know and trust me, I know! We had some Friday night and had to go again on Saturday (for lunch of course!). My girl's and my college roommate's girl's puffy heart each other. See...
Their smiles turned to frowns when we said it was time to go our separate ways.
Until July, when we meet again.....
I (dragged) took my girls through Concord center and onto the Old North Bridge. This is where the Revolutionary War began. B is reading about Paul Revere, so I thought I would give her some touchable history.
One thing about Cape Cod, is our trees are on the shortish side. I have heard that it is from all the wind. The wind stunts their growth. Concord does not have this problem and the girls couldn't have been happier!
Today was a tough day because all of us were anticipating school tomorrow. They don't want to go and I can't blame them. We have had a taste of summer all week which is more than unusual for April school vacation. So it's back to the annoying alarm clock rousting us out of bed. Thankfully we are on the downward slide toward summer vacation and the next 7 or 8 weeks should fly by!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to turn our next school break over to you. You're great at planning those little vacations. My little adventure of a trip to the library is suddenly paling in comparison.

scargosun said...

Oh! Looks like heaven to me, especially the ice cream. Glad you had a good time!

Sabrina said...

LOVE the pictures! :) Looks like you all had a fun time!

Suburbia said...

You look like you all had a great time, such lovely girls you have!
Mine always hate going back to school after a holiday, sometimes I feel like a murderer making them go!
You are lucky that you are close to your school holidays. We have 5 weeks to a 1 week break and then 8 weeks to the summer break which is 6 weeks long. I am just heading for that 6 week break in a blinkered sort of way!!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Hmm, maybe that will be my new job.... making up people's vacation plans! There was a library trip in there one day when B made fairy houses!
Funny that today, first day back, was cloudy and a little chilly. Vacation was definitely OVER!

Wineplz said...

awww...they do look sad! look at those picklepuss faces!

7 or 8 more weeks of school? how late do you guys go? or maybe how late do you start in the fall? or is it how long do you have for winter break? wow! I thought they went late here in VA.

Jules said...

You look like you had a FABULOUS time.
I love the size of the trees. They look like the perfect place to sit and read, or climb.
I so need to be a fly on the wall on your next vacation.

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Looks like a fabulous April vacation to me!!!