Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Spring? Summer? Winter?

There is a funny thing about New Englanders, they always think that the other shoe is about to fall. Like with this weather we have been having lately (well, OK, all winter long).  Today is the first day of spring, but that doesn't mean that a large snow storm couldn't hit any time between now and mid April. I have seen it happen (a few times).

But just look at these pictures of Skaket Beach from this morning. I even put my pasty white, non-pedicured feet in the water. (Yes, it was really cold.)





I don't see any signs of winter in these pictures. Just in case though, I am working on my base tan this week. I did grow up in New England and full well know that we could get snowed in for the month of April. At least I will look healthy and be full of vitamin D.

5 comments:

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

It's going to hit the high 70's here in Jersey on Thursday. So, yeah, we're waiting for the other shoe to fall here too. HARD!

Anonymous said...

yup 75 or so in CT it's been so nice! I fear the April snowstorm.
I miss the cape

Melisa Wells said...

Funny, the water doesn't look cold...

Anonymous said...

Only a true New Englander would stick their toes in the icy Atlantic in March! Your making me miss my home town (have I mentioned before I was a camp counselor 3 summers on the cape?)

Anonymous said...

Only a true New Englander would stick their toes in the icy Atlantic in March! Your making me miss my home town (have I mentioned before I was a camp counselor 3 summers on the cape?)