Monday, April 23, 2012

The Day After....

Today is the day AFTER school vacation week. The day everyone is up and out at 7:30. The day I am left here wandering around the house wanting to totally redecorate, clean, write and yet, I cannot muster the energy.

School vacation week is always fun. The girls are around. We try to do some fun things and last week was no exception. While K went to Florida to visit her grandparents, B, P and I went north to hang out with some friends.

It was so HOT one day, that we went to the Ogunquit Maine beach and hung out in bathing suits. I totally would have gone swimming if the water wasn't about 48 degrees.


In Portand, ME, we took in a Sea Dogs baseball game. They won (hence the lighthouse and fireworks)!

It was a great time and so fun and inexpensive!


We trudged further up the coast to Freeport where world renown LL Bean is. We couldn't fit this boot into our car so we left it there...

B gave us a science lesson on a hike through Wolf's Neck Park.



It was gorgeous!



There were lots of talks about the Hunger Games.


And winning climbing over rocks (without falling in).


That was only a bit of vacation week. You will have to come back for the rest tomorrow. Looking at all these pictures and realizing all we did is making me tired, so I need a nap.

6 comments:

Momo Fali said...

I just told my husband this morning that I want to go to Maine. I've heard it's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time! It also looks like it's the middle of summer...love it!

booksandcandy said...

Looks like you all had a great time! I love Ogunquit I have yet to see a Sea Dogs game but we love minor league baseall.

Anonymous said...

I was loooking up your phone number to check on you because I missed your Blog...now I know where you've
been. O Gone Kit...my fav! Looks like you had a
great time.

Melisa Wells said...

I went to LL Bean once, about 24 years ago. I don't remember much about the drive. What's wrong with me?? I need to visit the NE again.

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

It's official...I want to go to Maine, too...dang, but you guys make it look good and fun :)