Friday, April 27, 2012

Frag'n Friday

Mommy's Idea

Perfect timing for Friday Fragments! I have a jumble of things to unload. For more jumbled thoughts from other fabulous bloggers go visit Mrs. 4444s.

*First off, Happy Spring! I love all the flowers popping up and the leaves growing on the trees!


*At my Mom's Birthday dinner, my niece R modeled a dress that Californian Grammie Elizabeth knitted for her. Isn't it and she adorable? (Yes, that is an old fashion phone, her favorite toy.)


*My family is all about landscaping and making beautiful pots of flowers. I am the one that takes the pictures of their work. Maybe it's my age or my new found sense of "Get out of my way. I can do it.", but I tackled an area in my yard yesterday. It looked like this to start with....


I couldn't use a bulldozer, I had to use my hands.


The weeded conclusion with one Peony plant planted. Now I just need some more plantings and some mulch!

*Today is Prom day. The house is abuzz!!! B is doing the hair for P and a friend of K's this afternoon. She wanted to make sure HER hair looked stunning and impressive while she was doing their hair. This is what I came up with.


*So K and P are going together as "sisters". I only hope they rock the prom photo like I did in 1984.


*Pictures of them coming next week! Happy Weekend :)

7 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

I would MUCH rather take pictures of landscaping than work on the landscaping. blech!

LOVE your prom picture!!!

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

You got a bouquet?!? How adorable do you guys look? Okay, so you're still adorable (DAMMIT!) can't wait to see the prom pics!

Actingbalanced said...

Her hair looks super cute! For not having a bulldozer, it looks like you got a lot done in the garden!

Anonymous said...

You and S. made a handsome couple for that prom! I bet no one had a better time than the two of you! Funny thing, Grammie Elizabeth made your dress . It was as beautiful as R's is. You are both so cute. B's hair looks amazing! Will be over soon to check out the being put together of all the ladies. Love the help from the bulldozer. Love, Nana

Keetha Broyles said...

The toy bulldozer cracked me up!

viridian said...

Love the prom picture. I remember those days and those hairstyles.

Wayne W Smith said...

Good work on the landscaping! My sons like to use their construction equipment in the garden as well.