Thursday, April 5, 2012

McDonald's Bakery

Yesterday, I learned something. (Seriously, it is possible!)

Evidently, New Englanders love, love, love baked goods. That I knew. What surprised me was that the rest of the country doesn't enjoy baked goods as much as New Englanders. Our win, their loss because McDonald's has figured this out and has added delicious baked goods to their New England restaurants.

I was able to have a taste test with some other Boston Bloggers at the Seaport Hotel. The table was set so beautifully. And notice the ingredients, milk, butter, oats, baking powder, real bananas. Did you notice that there are no preservatives on the table? McDonald's worked with bakers to make these products delicious and with ingredients that people know and use in their own baking.


Below, we have a lovely man serving us cheese danish on his knee, no less! See how all the danish are a slightly different shape? That is because they are hand folded!


Other baked products include, banana bread, mini-vanilla scones, multi-grain berry muffins and blueberry muffins.


The blueberry muffins were my favorite, which will surprise many of you who know I rarely eat any baked good that doesn't involve chocolate. The crunchy topping is added at your local McDonald's and then baked! The reason why I think these items are so delicious is that they are not pre-packaged weeks before and sent across the country.


I would be remiss if I did not mention the view that made me want to pull up a plate of muffins and scones and sit there all day watching planes taking off and landing at Logan.


Or watch what was happening at the Seaport Convention Center....


I did 'suggest' (begged for) chocolate danish. Oh, yes I did. Trust me when I say the cheese danish was delicious, but my own taste buds were imagining chocolate in the fluffy pastry. Mmmmmm. These bakery items are available all day long, which is fantastic when you need a cup of coffee (Newman's Organic) and a treat for an afternoon pick-me-up.


I wanted to write this review on my experience from yesterday. I am not being compensated. The opinions are all mine. Even the photos are mine :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss that view. My office used to have a great view of the seaport.

Claudya Martinez said...

How fun! Apparently in Hawaii they serve rice and SPAM as well.

Melisa Wells said...

Yum. I have to say I am jealous and wish that Chicagoans liked baked goods as much as New Englanders evidently do. :)

P.S. I love McDonald's. But you knew that.

Anonymous said...

Discovered blueberry muffins on my first trip to
Ogunquit and have been hooked every since.
Sigh. Sounds like a fun experience, Sue.