It's been 3 days of work, 2 days with the students and 1 day of meetings. What I have learned so far?
* Sparkles and sequins are in for fashion this school year.
* Hello Kitty is the cat's ass right now. Hahah, pun intended. She is on everything from shirts to lunch boxes and if she has sequins, it's even better!
* You can still participate in circle time when you are in the bathroom, if you can shout loud enough.
* Teachers that sit on the floor are cool because you can touch them and maybe sit on their lap if you are so inclined.
* Kindergartners are way smarter now than they were (OK, I was) 40 years ago.
* In one girl's eyes, I am older than 8, but younger than 25. Yes, she is my favorite.
*I am hysterical to many 5 year olds.
* I still love recess.
* I still am uncomfortable in the cafeteria even though I am not actually sitting and eating lunch.
* Some 5 year olds have some serious balls and are not afraid to stand up to the teacher.
* I have a song about colors stuck in my head. Want to hear it?
* I am really happy tomorrow is Friday and I have no plans for the weekend.
* Teacher's have each other's backs.
* I still like to do crafts. Um, maybe more than the kids.....
That's a lot for a few days. Think of how much more knowledgeable I will be in June! I'll be ready for some sort of degree.... or vacation.