Thursday, April 24, 2014

Wellfleet

Most people, when they think of Wellfleet think of the drive-in movies, the flea market and the Oyster Festival. Today, Bobby and I went to explore the other aspects of Wellfleet. All we had to do was put the car in neutral and the wind pushed us up there. OK, I may be exaggerating, but the wind today was unbelievable!!

First we stopped at PB Boulangerie and Bistro. I wish I could have captured the smell of all the bread there. It was amazeballs (this is much more than just amazing). My chocolate croissant melted in my mouth and we even bought white chocolate bread to bring home! Chocolate and bread= pure happiness.

We took a little hike around a marshy island? I've always wanted to see what was on the other side of this bridge. The views were beautiful and the wind strong!!


We decided that we would be so happy in that little yellow house with the marsh/ocean view. Too cute!

Then we took a road north along the water toward Truro and passed a golf course and ended up at Duck Harbor beach. We were the only ones in the parking lot and as we trudged up the path to the ocean, we were anticipating the winds on the other side of the dunes. It was so blustery, that the sand hurt as it was whipping at you. But, oh what a site!!! We were the only ones (crazy enough) to be on the beach and we could see forever. I can't wait to check it out this summer!!


So take a day trip to Wellfleet, it's totally worth it!! And don't forget to bring me something chocolatey from the bakery!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and thanks for tomorrow mornings breakfast! xxxoooo's Nana

rachyrach said...

Love me some Wellfleet. The views are amaaaazing, and I am lucky to be there all the time!

Dusk said...

Love Wellfleet, its one of the best places on the cape to visit and I spend half my summer there. http://capecod-landscapers.com/