Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day vs Road Construction

I have been trying to figure out a post that could combine Election day with the road construction my entire town is under this fall.

I was trying to come up with something clever.

For example, I am sick and tired of political commercials as much as I am sick and tired of a 10 ton bulldozer rumbling down the street in front of my house every morning at 7am.

Or, the pot holes we are left with in the road are as big as the lies all the candidates seem to be telling.

Or, maybe if we had a good rain, the mud slinging in the roads would be as significant as the mud slinging on tv.

Or, driving through the detours is like shuffling through the political post cards to find the significant mail.

Or, the combined hot air that the machines blow every day is equal to the hot air I hear from political rallies and press releases.

Or, the red, white and blue from the candidates is as prominent in my mind as all the yellow from the tractors, bulldozers and diggers.

But no idea on it's own seemed to be worthy of a full post.

At least I know that the election commercials, mailings and signs will be done with today(until next year). The road construction? Well I also know when that will be done: the week before Memorial Day when the tourists come back to town.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was thinking that the residents should get a tax break for every vehicle they have registered in town to cover the extra wear and tear from all the crappy roads!

Melisa Wells said...

We have received countless PHONE CALLS over the past couple of weeks, too. I'll love when my phone is silent tomorrow! ;)

Anonymous said...

Aren't we suppose to be teaching our children that bullying is a bad thing? Isn't that exactly what the politicans are doing? They should also take all the awful amounts of money they are spending and give it schools to make them so much better or help people in need Don't get me started!!!! Good analogies this morning, Sue!

Lisa Genova said...

Love this post! And I agree with all of it!!

Together We Save said...

We have gotten so much mail!! My daughter turned 18 and registered to vote so we got double of everything!

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

Good, seeing as we may be one of those tourists next summer ;)

Donna said...

Very clever! And true too! :)