Thursday, November 18, 2010

Once Upon a Time Wednesday

Once upon a time Wednesday is about things from the past. There are many stories in my head that I want to share with my girls. The trip to Ellis Island, thank you very much Liberty Mutual, this summer made me realize that I had to get these stories documented. History is extremely important and fun!  Play along if you want!

Once upon a time my family, friends and I went to a royal wedding. That's right. We did. Well OK, we watched the wedding of Princess Charles and Princess Diana on TV, but we made a party out of it. We had to get up really early and get all dolled up to "attend" the wedding. We had tea and crumpets and watched the wedding as if we were there.

I remember thinking how young and slightly overwhelmed Diana appeared and how "old" Charles looked. Of course, this began my obsession with Diana. I am sure she would be very proud of William and Harry.



And now I get to share the joy of  a royal wedding with my girls! They are about the same age that I was when I watched Charles and Di. I have to start getting some crumpet recipes and finding my fine china. It has to be a smashing party!


Just a little favor, William and Kate.... could you please not have your wedding on June 11th? I am already attending the somewhat less royal, but equally important wedding of my brother and his fiance.
Great, thanks.

8 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I remember getting up early to watch the wedding with my mom... it was like a fairy tale...

& I think anyone that remembers that wedding & seeing William being born, is so excited about this wedding!! I know I'll get up again to watch it... & thank God, this time around, DVR exists! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the Royal Wedding! I love your idea of having a party! :)

Anonymous said...

I have the china tea cups! Can't wait!

KK said...

It is so funny what we each remember from different things - I remember being in my PJ's and having scrambled eggs ; ) Can't wait for the next royal wedding!

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY remember the morning my friends Mom woke us from a deep sleep to get up and watch the Di and Charles event. Amazing. I'll never forget it and I am completely STALKER obsessed with the idea of this one. Yippee!

Karol said...

Such a great memory! My mom woke me up too. We were vacationing on the Cape (we lived year round in Chelmsford) and I vividly remember seeing the beach in the distance as we watched the event. I love your idea of china, crumpets, special touches!!! Stealing.

Melisa Wells said...

Squeeeeee! I can't wait!!!

Mrs4444 said...

I, too, watched the wedding (of course). I just loved Princess Diana and will never forget the moment I heard about her death on the news. I am so happy her son not only looks like her but carries on valuing the same things she instilled in him and his brother. She'll have a front row seat, too, no doubt!