Saturday, August 2, 2008

Catching Up.

It's time to catch up on a few blog things. For instance awards! Yippee, KathyLikesPink and BecauseWendiSaysSo both gave me this great award.

It is a reminder to be an organ donor. Thank girls! I think if anyone is happening by my blog on a hot summer's day and would like it, then please take it. It is an important cause!

I was also tagged to do 2 memes. One was so long ago, I forgot. OOops. But Scargosun tagged me today, so I haven't forgotten it yet and will therefore get right to it.

Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

1. I just finished Jess Riley's 1st book called Driving Sideways. Ironically enough it is about organ donation. See how I tied that in to the award? Pure genius I tell you. It is fantastic and a great story!

2. Like Jen over at Scargosun, I too despise fruit and chocolate together unless we are talking about chocolate and banana. Especially if we are talking about chocolate and bananas in a crepe......mmmmmmmmyummy!

3. I have a french student here for 3 weeks. Today I learned that waffle in french is gouffe and in France they don't have maple syrup.

4. According to my friend Elizabeth, who just was visiting me, I was not honest and open enough in my 100 things posting. I guess I was suppose to write about how generous and giving I am . Yeah, like I am going to write about that :)

5. I have a beautiful picture of sunflowers on my desktop right now.

6. I am really scared of scary movies. I cannot be in the same room if one is on tv and my DH is watching it.

7. I could probably recite to you the entire movie of 16 Candles. I am kind of annoying to watch it with, because I say all the lines before the actors. Of course I crack myself up!

So, who to tag..... If you so desire
Wonderful World of Weiners she will come up with some beauties I am sure.
KathyLikesPink when she gets back from her vacation.
FromTalbotstoTarget when she gets out of her pool long enough.
BecauseWendiSaidSo because I say so.
WinePlz because everybody needs some wine.
Caution600 because she is smart and funny.

OK, I can count, that was only 6, the 7th is up for grabs. Anyone, anyone, Bueller, Beuller??

7 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I'm doing this tomorrow!! Working up some beauties right now!

Hallie

Anonymous said...

Hi There! I saw that Hallie had mentioned you over on her blog and since I am a born and raised Cape Codder who now lives in New Hampshire, I wanted to stop and say hello! I've marked you with bloglines and will follow you along.

Wendi said...

That was alot to catch up on!
Congratulations on the award...twice!
You are most deserving.
I think I have done this meme.
I will check my archives.
I will either send you the link...or do it!
I am off on vacay next week.
I will miss you...no good blogging without me!!!

KathyLikesPink said...

Ha! I use the "Anyone? Anyone?" line a lot myself! (no one here gets me!!!)

I've been reading your posts and catching up. GREAT photos, love the one of the all the hair UP on the bumpy ride!

I'm still kind of BLAH and I'm so sorry we didn't get together! How exciting to have an exchange student with you! I had no idea they didn't have maple syrup. Don't they have maple trees?

Summer said...

I too found your blog via WWOW. I've been vacationing on CC for over 30 years,always camping in North Truro but last summer the whole family rented a house in Chatham. CC is so beautiful and peaceful, at least out at the wrist and fist. This is the first summer in a while we aren't coming and I miss it. Yes, even Route 6. I'll get my little piece of heaven (CC) through your fun blog!

Jess Riley said...

I'm so happy you liked DS!!! You made my night. :)

Wineplz said...

Dude! You tagged me! Hmmm...we'll see how it turns out.

And really? They don't have maple syrup in France? I'll bet they eat it in Quebec, though. ;)