Monday, November 17, 2008

Disney or Bust



Twas the day before departure,
And all through the house,
Bags, clothing, cameras
Excitement to see THE MOUSE.

The washer was going, the vacuum too,
A pile of homework to bring with, EWWW!

The children were jumping and bouncing off the wall,
"Where are my mouse ears, where is my shawl?"
While I stress about shoes and weather to come,
My husband relaxes and sits on his bum.
The dog is all clean and ready for doggie daycare,
Will she behave, will she eat, how will she fare?
Just one more day of school and activities after,
Then it's off on a plane to the land of much laughter.
As the temps drop here, I will get the 'to do list' done,
I will run here and there, to get to the land of the sun.

If I were Trump I would have hired a jet for you all,
With all of us there, we would have had a ball!
This trip, however, is just for us four,
Stay tuned, sit tight, I'll have stories galore!


13 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

I hate to do this to you, but have a great time! :)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I'm packed - I'll be standing on the curb waiting for you to pick me up!!

Hallie

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

I hope that you have a WONDERFUL time!!!
Weather should be great too!

;)
Jackie

PS - After enjoying warm and sunny weather down here in NOVEMBER...
you'll understand why I can put up with the amphibians who lurk at my front door!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a blast! We are up North doing a snow dance and if it works - will spend Thanksgiving in Canada with 20 adopted children and two of my own.... Have a great great trip and enjoy each other!
Becky

Caution/Lisa said...

I'm jealous; it's true.
I'm jealous of you!

Mags said...

Have fun...I'm looking forward to hearing your Disney stories. My family is making its first trip to Disney in January. I think I'm more excited than all 3 kids combined.

Summer said...

While I love going to Florida and will do so in February, I'm not a fan of the mouse. Never been to Disney and have no interest. Don't hate me. I hope you and your family have a wonderful time and make many memories to keep you warm this winter!

Wendi said...

Seething with jealousy.
Seething.
Have a great time...sorry you aren't Trump!
Can't wait for the stories.

scargosun said...

Have a WONDERFUL time!!! Can't wait to hear about the trip.

Vodka Mom said...

I'll meet you on Space Mountain........

Sarah Clapp said...

Have loads of fun!! I was wishing I was in Florida right about now!!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Hope you are having a wonderful time!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Melisa Wells said...

Where are ya, girl? Did all that laundry eat you up? LOL