Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Disney Vacation: Epcot



OK, so I have been back since Sunday night, but re-entry into the real world has thrown me. Our vacation was great! The weather in Florida was lovely for a hearty New Englander....mid 60's during the day, mid 40's at night. Not quite tank top weather, but my cheeks got color nonetheless. I wasn't sure how to post about the trip and include some of the 500 pictures I took, but I think I will go park by park....

We start with Epcot. Epcot is like 2 parks in one. There is a cool futuristic, learning side and the countries side. We did one half the afternoon we got there and the other half one afternoon after doing the Downtown Disney requisite shopping.

The parks were decked for Christmas....

Everyone has to have a photo (or 50) of the "ball". This ball actually has a really cool ride inside of it.B and I visited with Chip and Dale while DH and K were on Test Trak and almost throwing up on Mission to Mars.
Didn't take DH long to get into the vacation spirit. This is so out of character for DH that I thought the girls were going to wet their pants laughing! (Johnie Depp's Pirates of the Caribean hat, complete with hair).

I could return to France without traveling over the ocean. It is amazing how Disney pays attention to detail!
The Eiffel Tower, next to the Seine.
There are always street shows in Epcot. I have no idea how this guy kept catching bowls on his head.Can you guess? Yup, England with it's token red phone booths. (Of course having never seen a phone booth, the girls thought this was pretty cool.)
And yes, we did rent a wheelchair for the broken footed one. It did score us some line cutting, but only about 1/2 the time. Some times the wheel chair people had to wait in the wheel chair line. K did enjoy us moaning about our feet at the end of the day, though. Nice kid!

I missed you guys and will work hard at catching up, between laundry and baking, cooking and the family thing for Thanksgiving. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

I LOVE Epcot. I went there with some teachers two years ago and we had SO much fun. (teacher conference- who knew???)

Glad you had fun!!!

Melisa Wells said...

I also LOVE EPCOT. Jealous!! (Me.)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Awesome pics!! I'm sooooo jealous!!

Hallie

Caution/Lisa said...

Welcome home! Looks like you all had a great time.

Sarah Clapp said...

Ok, like everyone before me, I love Epcot! But I also love Chip and Dale. :) Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing,welcome back and Happy Thanksgiving!

Mary Ellen said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time. I haven't been in almost 20 years, but Epcot was a really good time even then. I remember being impressed with how authentic each country's representation was.

Next time you have to go, if you need somebody to carry your water bottles or luggage or anything, let me know. I could totally rock that job!

Mags said...

We're going to DW in mid-January for a week. I can't wait!!! I'm looking forward to reading your reviews about the parks.