Thankfully I am not too stuffed to be able to write my Friday Fragments! Maybe if I get all my frags out, I will have room for more cake today! Check out Mrs. 4444s and see how her turkey day was!
*We started out our day yesterday with a 5k turkey trot with about 800 friends. Some man liked my sister's dog so much, he insisted he walk it half way.
*I was out shopping this morning at 6:30. Here are some suggestions for Black Friday shopping:
1. Do your research. I scoured the ads yesterday and wrote down what I wanted to get in each store, what time they opened and clipped any coupons needed.
2. Set out your outfit the night before, so you can hop out of bed and right into it. Don't forget your socks (I did). And don't dress too warm, malls are hotttttttt!
3. If you have a few stores to get to, do not browse in the beginning stores. Get what you need and get out. If you have time and money left over, then you can relax and browse.
4. I stay away from Best Buy. The people mental for the 4 $300 computers in the store scare me.
5. Smile. It really freaks some people out how you can be so happy at 6am.
*I did get the things I was looking for this morning. Black Friday was definitely more worthwhile when my kids were little and I had to buy a bunch of toys, though.
*I have to get to work on my Christmas letter. I have the pictures, the envelopes, the return address labels, now the hard part, the letter. It's where I talk about how rosy and wonderful everything is and that my kids are perfect. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*We went to a jump rope workshop in CT last weekend. Some of the teachers were in the Macy's Day parade yesterday! We also went to a mall where the kids got to do this
How fun is that, right? We don't have cool stuff like this in malls near us! They even had bungie jumping, but we didn't think that was such a good after dinner activity!
*Back to my cake making. B is having her birthday party tomorrow where 10 kids will be designing cakes. B loves the show Cake Boss. You know how some kids have their teen idols hanging on their wall? B has the crew from Cake Boss hanging on hers. I will post their creativity next week!
Have a relaxing weekend!