Friday, November 27, 2009

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments?

Thankfully I am not too stuffed to be able to write my Friday Fragments! Maybe if I get all my frags out, I will have room for more cake today! Check out Mrs. 4444s and see how her turkey day was!

*We started out our day yesterday with a 5k turkey trot with about 800 friends. Some man liked my sister's dog so much, he insisted he walk it half way.

*I was out shopping this morning at 6:30. Here are some suggestions for Black Friday shopping:
1. Do your research. I scoured the ads yesterday and wrote down what I wanted to get in each store, what time they opened and clipped any coupons needed.
2. Set out your outfit the night before, so you can hop out of bed and right into it. Don't forget your socks (I did). And don't dress too warm, malls are hotttttttt!
3. If you have a few stores to get to, do not browse in the beginning stores. Get what you need and get out. If you have time and money left over, then you can relax and browse.
4. I stay away from Best Buy. The people mental for the 4 $300 computers in the store scare me.
5. Smile. It really freaks some people out how you can be so happy at 6am.

*I did get the things I was looking for this morning. Black Friday was definitely more worthwhile when my kids were little and I had to buy a bunch of toys, though.

*I have to get to work on my Christmas letter. I have the pictures, the envelopes, the return address labels, now the hard part, the letter. It's where I talk about how rosy and wonderful everything is and that my kids are perfect. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*We went to a jump rope workshop in CT last weekend. Some of the teachers were in the Macy's Day parade yesterday! We also went to a mall where the kids got to do this



How fun is that, right? We don't have cool stuff like this in malls near us! They even had bungie jumping, but we didn't think that was such a good after dinner activity!

*Back to my cake making. B is having her birthday party tomorrow where 10 kids will be designing cakes. B loves the show Cake Boss. You know how some kids have their teen idols hanging on their wall? B has the crew from Cake Boss hanging on hers. I will post their creativity next week!

Have a relaxing weekend!

9 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

That cake-decorating sounds really fun! I look forward to the pics.

Good on you for getting some exercise yesterday. I hope you got some for the both of us!

Good advice on the Black Friday stuff. Thankfully, I did not need any, as I stayed Home :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

April said...

Black Friday scares me. But at least now I know how you do it!
The cake decorating sounds fun. I'm getting my 12-yr-old to bake the cookies for our office cookie exchange :)
Happy FF!

Vodka Mom said...

I was out this morning AS WELL!!!

And Cake Boss? We love it here in Oregon.

Anonymous said...

A 5k on Thanksgiving? That's just crazy talk.

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Those giant stuffed animals are great! My daughter would LOVE them!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Stacy Uncorked said...

How cool that you (and 800 friends) started off Thanksgiving with a 5k turkey trot!

You really have the Black Friday shopping down to a science, don't you? Love it!

I still need to figure out what I'm doing about Christmas cards this year...we've never sent out a newsletter - though I do read the ones we get! ;)

That mall looks like FUN!

I'm going to have to check out that Cake Boss show - sounds interesting! And very cool that B is really into it. I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of all the masterpieces! :)

Happy FF a day late! :)

Manic Mommy said...

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the turkey trot after you're so full you could burst? Oh, wait, that's falling asleep in front of football time. And burping.

The Cake Boss party is a great idea!

Happy Happy!

Justine said...

Geez, you are one brave mama. I don't do black friday except for online! I prefer shopping in my jammies when possible.

Can't wait to see B's Cake Boss birthday party pictures!

Justine :o )

Heather said...

The cake decorating thing? Sounds GENIUS. In fact, I think I would love that EVEN NOW, as a grown up! ha ha ha.

Best Buy is ALWAYS laden with the crazies-- I should know, I used to work there. GAH, those were the DAYS. Would you believe that I actually MISSED working on Black Friday though? It was such an adrenaline rush though!

Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend!