Thursday, November 12, 2009

Icky Germs!!


Dear people who are shopping in the same stores as me,

I would really appreciate you NOT shopping if you are sick or a just "getting over" something. It is only November. There is plenty of time to get your holiday shopping done. I know it is exciting to see the Christmas ornamentation and hear those familiar carols, but you would SERIOUSLY be better off at home in bed. There is this wonderful invention now called the internet where you can get just about anything you need by sitting in front of your computer. You could even blast some Christmas music in the background while you shop. You can cough and sneeze all over your own keyboard (not me).

I understand if you are at the grocery store stocking up on chicken noodle soup and ginger ale, or at the pharmacy getting some much deserved drugs. There is no need for you to be in the Christmas Tree Shops or TJMaxx. I can only put so much antibacterial liquid on my hands before they will dry up into little stubs. And I am pretty sure I am not suppose to put that all over my face, but truly you leave me no option when you are hacking away in the same aisle as me.

Please don't make me resort to wearing a mask.

Although, I am crafty and could probably adorn one with bedazzles or fleece or pompoms or something. Hmmm, maybe I have a new business opportunity here. Well, I will get started on it right after I take a disinfecting shower!

Sincerely,
Germ-a-phobe Sue

14 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

And how about these people dragging their sick kids out too...kids who DONT KNOW HOW to cover their mouths when they cough!!!! I just envision the germies flying everywhere... UGH!

Wineplz said...

Sorry...those would be MY kids to can't seem to cover their mouths! ;)

I hear ya, Sue. No need to be clothes or toy shopping when you sound like Doc Holiday. Or at least be nice and wear a mask or use a lot of tissues or something.

Summer said...

Amen!

Justine said...

Ooh girl, I am SO with you on this. Even worse is when people bring their sick, hacking kids shopping with them. It completely grosses me out!

Justine :o )

k a t i e said...

They always seem fine until you get in a small, confined space - i.e the elevator or changing rooms - and then let fly with the biggest sneezing/hacking up lurgy fit you've ever heard, and you sure as hell know there's no mouth covering.

That anti-bacterial stuff BURNS when you try and shove it under your nostrils, but I figure it stops the little nasties getting into my nose.

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Amen sister!!

Signed,
A fellow germa-a-phobe!

Heather said...

That is so rude, and so inconsiderate, seriously. People have NO RESPECT anymore!

Melisa Wells said...

Ugh. You're totally right!

And I really want to see these bedazzled masks you're going to create. I think they'll be spectacular!

Badass Geek said...

A mask would be kind of fun, though. You could decorate it.

Unknown said...

Thank you Sue!!! WTF are people thinking? Or not thinking? And sending sick kids to school? I have taken to surrounding my family and friends in bubbles of light protection so that I can feel sane going out among those who do not know how good it feels to stay in bed with a cup of tea and a couple of magazines or a book.

Manic Mommy said...

I was at Starbucks waiting for my Chai the other day while another patron was leaning right on the counter (where they place the drinks??) coughing up a lung! Get a clue!

That being said, my neighbor sent her son to school (in my son's class) feeling fine this morning and picked him up four hours later to discover a 102 temp.

sandy shoes said...

I have started just telling strangers to cough into their elbows. No more Ms. Nice Guy, though I do try not to add "dumbass" after I tell them.

The H1N1 fever tends to show up later in the day, so you get a lot of kids going to school feeling normal and getting sent home hours later feeling wretched.

Mrs4444 said...

Hey! I just noticed the FF button in your sidebar--Thanks! :)

I agree with your sentiments. If there weren't antibacterial wipes at the door of my grocery store, I'd have a hard time even touching the carts!

Anonymous said...

I have a bottle in my purse for emergencies, but I'll be the first to grab the antibacterial wipes as I go into the supermarket...(Hey Walmarts of the world--take note!!!). And I use my own bags and do my own scanning now. I'm in and out of the store much faster now. I grab a few wipes and keep it in my carriage, too-so that I can use them to hold on the freezer doors, too. I'm not liking this flu season one bit! (Ahem......as I attempt to clear my sore throat!!!)