Friday, October 8, 2010

Frag'n Friday

Mommy's Idea
I was so excited for Friday Frags this week, that I started doing it yesterday and then realized it was only Thursday!

*Yesterday, I went to the Grand Opening of the new OshKosh B'gosh store at the South Shore Plaza. That's right, I went over the bridge and got off of Cape Cod for a whole day. It was nice!!! Anyway, I will write about it in a full post, but wanted to let you know that they are having a public Grand Opening on Saturday (tomorrow!) if you live in the area! Here are the details...


The grand opening event will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Activities include:
Denim Drive with Cradles to Crayons Charity: Donate gently-worn jeans or overalls of any size and receive a new pair of OshKosh B’gosh jeans for only $7
Face Painting
Kids can be stars on the “OshKosh B’gosh Blabber Cam” and receive a special prize
Magic 106.7 will also broadcast live from the event and award one lucky shopper with a $250 shopping spree.

WHEN:         Saturday, October 9, 2010 11 AM – 2 PM

WHERE:     OshKosh B’gosh Store
                   New Nordstrom’s Wing – Upper level
                    South Shore Plaza


*Also another event is coming up October 22-24 in New Bedford called Connecting for a Change put on by the Marion Institute. Greg Mortenson of Three Cups for Tea and Stones into Schools will be speaking amongst others. Register now for this fun, free, family event!

*I've whined enough about how much I like Target and how the closest one is an hour away. Yesterday, I went into a brand new Target (South Shore Plaza). It's grand opening is this weekend. It was clean and sparkly and had a grocery store in it and the people that worked there were extra nice.

But...... you knew there was going to be a but, right?

Because it was so new, it didn't have any clearance sections. I puffy heart the clearance sections at Target. I did skip down the aisles whistling of course, but probably didn't spend as much as I could without the clearance section.

*I hit up a few other stores while I was in the land of real shopping. I was looking for something hip and fun to wear when I get invited to "events". I am going to assume I will be asked to another one because I didn't burp or spill anything and was very polite to the people at Oshkosh yesterday.

It wasn't as easy as you would think.

My comfort zone is cotton and fleece. I get too hot wearing wool. I don't like pants tight at my waist. Too many florals or designs scare me. Gray, greens, red and oranges do not look very good on me. Hmm, now that I think of it, I guess I am where B gets her picky fashion sense from....

I prefer to call it knowing what I like. I would live in a JJill store if I could afford it. The whole jegging thing has thrown me for a loop. Before you know it stirrup pants will be back in. I like the long open sweaters, but how do I hide my tummy with those? It's no wonder I came home with a big button down (cotton) shirt from the men's department and a headache.

*It's a long weekend and we have our 2nd to last wedding of the "season". I don't count the one in December "the season". That one is sort of like a bonus. Surprisingly, we don't have one on Sunday which is 10/10/10. Last year people ate up 9/9/09. What are you up to this weekend? Whatever it is, hope it's a good one!







3 comments:

Lisa Noel said...

10/10/10 I didn't even think about that. it would be a great date and its supposed to be GORGEOUS weather wise here.

Donna said...

That event with Greg Mortensen sounds good. I'm in a book club and last month's book was "Three Cups of Tea."
I know what you mean about clothes. I'm pretty picky too. When I was in high-school I worked in a J.Jill store for a little while. They have nice things!

I love Target too! Have a nice weekend!

Mrs4444 said...

I'd be happy just to have a waist, really...I'm built like a tree trunk.

You may be impressed to know that I live just 40 minutes away from Oshkosh, Wisconsin, home of Oshkosh B'Gosh. However, I thought they went out of business! Guess I was wrong! :)

Yea for Target! They'll get some clearance stuff soon...