Friday, August 28, 2009

Frag'n Friday!

Friday Fragments?

Friday: the day where you shake your head to the side a little and bits and pieces of things that happened over the week fall out. This = Friday Fragments. Thanks Mrs. 4444's!

*2 records have been smashed this week. One is that the girls and I got in/out of Friendly's in less than 40 minutes. Friendly's is notorious for being the slowest restaurant on the planet. We took a gamble yesterday and it paid off! Yay Fribbles!

The second one is that both girls finished their summer reading yesterday a whole week before school starts!!! That means I don't have to turn into mean mom and duck tape them to their book for the last few days of "summer". Phew.

*This lady was at the beach the other day. It was smokin'hot out.


*Hurricane Bill was a bust last weekend and it is looking like Tropical Storm Danny will be a bust this weekend. Of course, now that I have made this prediction, Danny will be picking up speed and heading directly for Cape Cod as a Class 3 hurricane.

*This is a picture of B and her friend C. I didn't retouch or do anything to this picture. It looks like they are in the middle of the Bahamas or something. On Skaket Beach in Orleans, you can walk about a mile straight out at low tide. There are so many sandbars. This was me going out to tell them to get their butts in because the tide was coming in fast. They were fine on the sandbars, but in between, it gets rather deep. I said, "Didn't you notice that no one else is out here with you?" Their comeback, "We thought they all just wanted to go eat lunch." Oh boy.


*We went shoe/sneaker shopping yesterday. Let's just say that there is something to be said for the Mr. Hanes' shoe store on the corner when I was growing up. My mom dragged the 3 of us in there, he sat us in a big chair, measured our feet, gave us 2 options and sent us all home with new shoes and probably a lollipop.

Yesterday, I was sent home with no shoes/sneakers for either girl and a headache.

*No matter your political views, we happened to be driving back on Cape yesterday at the same time Sen. Kennedy was being driven off Cape. It was amazing to see all the people lining the highway with signs and flags. I pulled over (along with every other driver) to watch the procession and to give the girls a bit of history in the making. I did not have my camera, but took this with B's cell phone. I think it will be bigger if you click on it.

* Have a great weekend :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh. I know what you mean about Friendly's. One time I ate there and our server switched twice we were there so long!

Unknown said...

Know what you mean about Friendly's - have waited 30 minutes fo rour food before and WE WERE THE ONLY ONES in the place! Love Skaket - but we never made it there this year (and never made it to hang with you either!), the kids kept wanting to go bck to Nauset when we ventured away from Dennis. Had many tears in my eyes watching the coverage of the Kennedy procession yesterday online.

Sara Elizabeth said...

That photo of the girls out in the water is awesome. They look so far out in the water, but yet they are not even knee deep. How neat.

Happy FF!

Caution/Lisa said...

You speak the truth about the then/now shoe shopping trips. Of course, you and I were probably perfect children, too, and that helped.

WeaselMomma said...

Enjoy the last week of summer freedom!

Stacey said...

Sounds like the school year is off to a great start, even without shoes! ;-)

Happy Friday!

Vodka Logic said...

Just saw your blog title on vodka moms site. I love Cape Cod and have been going most of my life. I must spend sometime reading.

From a middle of Massachusetts blogger.

xx

MrsSki said...

When I was younger I wasn't scared of the ocean at all...I would swim out far and my cousin and I would play in the water during the beginnings of storms when the waves were huge. But now...not so much. The ocean sort of scares me...I wouldn't even consider going half as far out as I used to. That picture of the girls in the water is great...and maybe everyone did go in to eat lunch! :) Loved your fragments!

Claudya Martinez said...

I would have gotten all teary-eyed at the procession. I tend to get emotional when I go vote because I think it's such a big deal.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Congrats on the record breaking events...Friendly's can be slow as molasses, can't they? We go there only if we have nowhere else to be at a certain time... ;)

Love the picture of the girls - looks like they're in the middle of nowhere!

Very cool picture of the procession...

Happy FF! :)

Anonymous said...

What is this "Friendly's" place you speak of?

I LOVE THE SANDBAR PHOTO!

When I was younger, we'd visit my Aunt Bobbi & Uncle Frank in the Cape & my fave part of the day was watching her "tide" meter switch & tell me when it was lower/higher!

Happy weekend, love!

Mrs4444 said...

Can't say I've ever been to friendly's, but maybe that's a good thing? I loved your fragment comparing today's and yesterday's shoe shopping outings; you're so right!

So, the wedding last weekend went off okay, without the bride and groom being swept out to sea? Nice.

As you can see from the late hour, I'm TIRED. Just popped in to read a few fragments after making chili and cleaning a MESS in the kitchen. Here's to a great year for the girls! :)

Captain Dumbass said...

Why does shoe shopping have to be a blood sport?

Anonymous said...

Love that picture taken with B's phone! Jen P