Friday, February 26, 2010

Frag'n Friday!

Thanks again to Mrs. 4444's for sponsoring the one day of the week you can spew all the random thoughts in your head in one post!

Half-Past Kissin' Time

*A bit of advice: Don't look in the bathroom mirror at your face with your reading glasses on.

*I walked over to my other house to get the mail today and to look for a few specific items that I needed to photograph. It's only a 1/2 mile away so I walked the dog over. Part way there, I looked at what I was wearing, blue pants, black jacket, multicolored scarf, lt. blue hat, purple backpack and since I couldn't find a leash, I was walking Gretel with one of the girls' belts. Hopefully, nobody I know saw me.

*New England weather. Today it has rained, snowed and the sun has been out. And it has been changing every 5 minutes.

*K had a sty on her eye lid this week that was so large, the eye Dr wanted to drain it. Yeah, gross. She did give us a good idea on how to keep a hot compress on it. Boil an egg, then wrap it in a cloth. It stays warm for about 15 minutes!

*So many great stories in the Olympics this week! How about the Canadian girl that came in 3rd yesterday in the ice-skating and her mom died 4 days ago! I am really not thrilled with NBC's coverage of the Olympics. The least they should do is show the Americans: all of them, not just the well known ones. The only skiers that have been shown on tv are the ones who won medals. What about the others?

*B went to an 80's party at the Community Center tonight. So, my sister and I got carried away with her. What can we say? We are 80's girls. She was rocking the blue eye shadow and pink feathers in her teased hair! Hopefully her friends dressed the par,t too!
*Yes, as promised, a photo of me racing. It was a proof from a professional photographer, so excuse the D across it. Gives you an idea anyway and shows off my skin tight GS suit. All I could fit under that thing were spandex bottoms and a tshirt on top. One time, it was so cold out that the zipper froze to my neck by the time I made it down the course. Good times, good times!

Happy Weekend!!!

7 comments:

Tara R. said...

I LOVE the photo! You look fabulous! I am truly impressed.

Unknown said...

HA! Cool!! Don't know what would be more fun.. dressing up a boy or girl for an 80's party. A girl would probably be easier since most of the styles from the 80's are coming back around now.

Parachute pants and red leather jackets with zippers would be a bit more tough to track down now. Wish I had saved mine now. LOL!

WeaselMomma said...

Great frags and I *LOVE* the pic of you skiing.

Melisa Wells said...

I love BOTH pictures! I wonder how our kids' kids are going to dress for 00's parties someday. :)

Okay, the picture of you skiing makes me want to ski. Just a little bit.

Mrs4444 said...

How cool is that pic of you skiing!! Very impressive!

Melisa's comment about dressing for the 00's parties is interesting.

Um...nice outfit.haha

Prairiemaid said...

Tomorrow you need to let us know if your daughter had fun and how the others dressed! I like the pink feathers.

Understand about hoping no one saw you. I wore mismatched shoes to the store today....the color was the same, so that was good.

Your ski pic is cool!

Hope the rest of your weekend is great!

Carolee Hollenback said...

Wow,ski racing? Totally cool and great pic!

Stopping by from Friday Frags