Monday, February 8, 2010

Steppin' Into the Twilight Zone....

K and I went to the Twilight Zone for an appt. today. Oh, I am sorry, I meant the ENT. As I was filling out our 32 pages of paperwork that I think asked me to give the name of my next child, if I were to have one, White Wedding by Billy Idol was playing. Not a minute into the song, a man sat down next to me who was all about the "business in the front, party in the back" hairdo. Could not have been more perfect.

When we were called back into the room, we got the last room on the right. I think this is the room for a "special" kind of people. These special people are the kind that don't complain and see the positive in everything. Yup, we passed all the high teched out rooms and got the one with the old pink chair with the rip being held together by duct tape and rust on the edges.

Thankfully, the Dr was not from the Twilight Zone, although he did give me a cursory stare for a moment longer than he should have. Kind of like, "where did you come from and why are you so interested in my poster of the inner sinus cavity?'. K went first (very out of character!) and had her nose cauterized because of excessive nose bleeds. She was feeling pretty fine and brave by the time I got in the old chair. She thought it was HYSTERICAL that when the guy put the light in one side of my nose, you could see it out the other. Then he showed her how he could make my nose blink like Rudolphs. I love a Dr with a sense of humor, especially when he has a long snakey tube up into my sinus. I think I saw her slip him a fiver after.

We high tailed it out of there back into present day as quick as we could. We stopped at Friendly's for an ice cream and it took us about 1/2 hour at the takeout window (in February) which put us right back into reality. Phew.

7 comments:

Evansmom said...

I so agree with your tag line - sinuses suck!

Together We Save said...

Yes they do... this time of year is the worst.

Melisa Wells said...

Yikes, nose bleeds SUCK. Sorry you two had to get that done! (but hey, at least you had ice cream! woot!)

Unknown said...

Was it the Friendly's in Hyannis, they have THE worst service, one night after a show at the Melody tent, went in there, there were 5 people in the place and it took us an hour to get some food - ARGH!! Glad the appointment went well!

Caution/Lisa said...

A scope in the nose? Didn't you have anything better to do? Someday, when I'm 200 years old and a doctor, I'm not choosing that specialty.

Justine said...

Okay, so we know why K was there, but why was he sticking a tube up your nose???

Justine :o )

Ooh Friendly's. I miss that place.

Mrs4444 said...

My sinuses are giving me trouble today, too. Did the netipot first thing, but I'm not feeling very hopeful (I feel achy all over :( I love the way you turned a mundane event into entertainment here--very funny.