Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How to Empty Out a House

Rules for Emptying Out a House:

1. Have great, helpful friends.

2. Have your mom available to supply m&ms, hot chocolate and donuts.

3. Bring a bunch of boxes up from the basement so you don't have to freeze your ass off in the basement while you sort through stuff.

4. Laugh at your dog as she tries to get into a box full of stuffed animals. (Ok, so I can't throw anything away with a face, so I pack them in boxes and put them in the cellar.)

5. Open said box and ask your dog which stuffed animal she would like to play with. Dog not interested in taking stuffed animal, re-close box.

6. Lose patience when dog starts to rip into the box and drag it across the floor.

7. Dump box on living room floor.

8. Scream when mouse scampers toward fireplace.

9. Do not count on mom or sister-in-law to help in anyway. Actually picture them on chairs in the kitchen while you fight the little beast.

10. Thank mom when she finally hands you a bowl to capture the little bastard.

11. Fling mouse, bowl and book out front door.

12. Watch the damn mouse run back toward the house.

13. Hire moving company.


10 comments:

Evansmom said...

I can picture this! Great post.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Wish I was closer. I would have helped. And I would have caught the mouse for you. Yep, I'd do that for you.

Hallie :)

Tara R. said...

Thought you had it covered at #2, but I don't do mice either. A moving company sounds like a good plan.

WeaselMomma said...

Dude. That could have been my cousin Joe!

Unknown said...

If you stay in one place for 30 years all you have to face when you finally do move,is a dumpster. Very freeing and good for the soul.
And then you start all over again.
Simple.

Captain Dumbass said...

I can picture that, and it was funny in my head too.

Justine said...

Heeheeheeeeeeeeeeeeeee! OMG, if all this really happened, I kinda feel sorry for you, but at the same time really wish I could have been there to see it!

Justine :o )

AudreyO said...

We have moved so many times and good friends are the best!! Our last move, in August we had like 5 friends and did it in two trips, were done by about 2pm. We had pizza, no M&Ms.

Mrs4444 said...

Oh, that is funny, Sue! (sorry)

Claudya Martinez said...

I would be screaming my head off at the mouse!!!