Thursday, July 8, 2010

Galveston Wrap Up

We've been back from Texas for a week. The kids did a great job and had lots of fun (and a few tears). They work so hard to get to this point, that it is disappointing (to them) if their routines are not perfect. As parents, we are just so proud of them doing anything because to us, jump roping is near impossible.


Last time I posted about the team, I put flowers on them. I went more with the July theme this time and put fireworks on them.

Here is a video I put together of a bunch of different teams to give you an idea of what these kids do!




I had never used imovie before and WOW is it fun!!! Now I have to work on my videoing skills.

8 comments:

Caution/Lisa said...

They are amazing!

A few years ago I decided to buy a jump rope. Evidently, my chest has changed dramatically since the last time I jumped rope. So ugly.

Anonymous said...

The kids blow my mind! What skill & ability! I had no idea about this competition. Great video Sue!

I need a mac sooo much :)

Justine said...

Holy SHIT!!!! This isn't just "jumping rope"... this is DANCING while jumping rope! Holy crap, this was just amazing to watch, Sue. Thanks so much for sharing it.

And yeah, that imovie looks really cool. I may have to try it some day.

Justine :o )

Tara R. said...

Wow!! The video was very impressive. Those kids are incredible athletes.

Mrs4444 said...

This video is very, very cool! I'm so glad you shared that--Those kids worked HARD! Your girls have a much to be proud of, to be included in such an event. Awesome.

Melisa Wells said...

I could watch that ALL DAY LONG. Can I go with you next year? :)

Michelle said...

Oh. My God. That is incredible. They have got to be so fit and have such great rhythm. I had no idea it was that ... impressive. Go your girls!

SurprisedMom said...

Those kids are absolutely incredible!

(I can't the rope over my head and forget about anything other than basic jumproping.

It looked it was competition to remember!