Thursday, January 7, 2010

Here's to your Health!

B is in a 10 week Health Class that meets every day. 5th grade health. I'm not sure they get into THAT until 6th grade, but I am sure it will be a dinner time discussion.

Yes, that is right. B thinks it is wonderful to share everything she has learned in health at dinner. It's no wonder K is so thin. She gets so grossed out during these conversations.

Last night's discussion was on organ donation (Right Hallie?Aren't you proud?!) and my mom was here, too.

B, "So Nana are you an organ donor?"

Nana "Yes, I am."

B, "How about you, Mommy?"

Me, "Yes, I am. It says it on my license."

K, "Oh you guys are grossing me out. No one is going to take my stuff out after I die!"

B, "Then I will hunt you down and take it out myself. Don't you want to help someone live after you die? Or do you just want your body and organs to shrivel up and be wasted in the ground?"


This makes me wonder a bit how the Health teacher explained this. He has also put the fear of God into her when it comes to smoking. Perfect! Big present for him at the end of the year. She has nightmares about smoking and getting sick from it and how bad it is for you.

She's currently looking for a real juicy topic for her oral report due next week. She was going to do infected bug bites, but has changed her mind. Not juicy enough, I guess. Feel free to suggest something, just make sure it is suitable dinner table conversation.


8 comments:

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

Ah yes, health class, hated it when I was younger and absolutely DESPISE having to explain what the health teacher "really" meant, at the dinner table. Fun times, my friend.

Caution/Lisa said...

My 9th grader is learning about abusive boyfriends in her health class and my 6th grader is learning about healthy cooking. I am so shocked it isn't all about sex!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

YEAH FOR TALKING ABOUT ORGAN DONATION!!!! YAHOO!!!! Love it!!

As far as something gross?? Any Morbid Monday topic would work?

Degloving?
Elephantitis?
Anything with pus?
Impalement??

Hallie :)

Summer said...

In my elementary school, THAT subject gets covered at the end of fifth grade. It can be intersting.

Justine said...

OMG, this is so totally hilarious!

How about bed bugs? Or... ooh, dust mites! Those are gross little F*****s

Justine :O )

Captain Dumbass said...

The Plague? That was messy.

Tara R. said...

Love this kid! How about how maggots and leaches are used in wound treatment. That's really messy.

Anonymous said...

Lol!!! Hmmmm....tape worm?