Monday, January 4, 2010

Whatcha doin?

Whatcha doin? (I love how the little girl on Phineus and Ferb says this line)

I would love to say I am being very busy and productive and working off those pounds for the new year, but I am sitting in a chair in a sunny window dreaming that I am in Aruba.

What's up with that?

The girls are back at school and it's like I have some sort of malaise where I cannot get up and get anything accomplished. Yeah, so I have a sinus infection, big whoop, what else is new? It didn't stop me from sledding for 2 hours yesterday at the hilliest golf course on Cape Cod. Of course, it did slow me down a little walking up the hills. Why did I never put in that patten for ski lifts on golf courses for lazy sledders?

Sledding can be a very dangerous sport. I saw quite a few accidents yesterday and saw my life flash in front of me as I went over a jump sideways and flew off my sled. The parents that were there were hard core sledders. We had the need for speed. We didn't mind that the wind was blowing 25, that hail was coming out of the sky or that our kids were cold. Did we jump in and help make the jumps higher? Yup. Did we give the kids an extra boost so they thought they were Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation trying out the new wax on his sled? Yup. Did we join in and hog the best sleds a little longer than we should have? Yup. Did this mom offer up cocoa and freshly baked slice and bake cookies to the masses? Yup.

OK, so after being a "cool mom" and shoveling for 2 days, I guess, sitting on my pretend beach is well deserved. Just hope I can get up in time to pick up the kids.

Oh, wait, maybe I will just send the pool boy.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm coming over! I have on my bathing suit! Send the pool boy for the girls. Yipee!

WeaselMomma said...

Can I come join you on the beach?

Eternal Lizdom said...

I haven't been sledding in years! I have a tailbone injury that still gives me trouble so I have to be cautious.

But beach dreaming sounds mahvelous!

Evansmom said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me!

Justine said...

Sledding with a sinus infection. Doesn't sound very smart to me, girlie. Of course, here I am, sitting outside typing in the 30 degree temperature. Achoo!

I say be completely lazy again today. Ah, Aruba... One Happy Island.

Justine :o )

won said...

I guess it's lucky for me in reading your post today that I don't particularly care for Aruba. Otherwise, my funk could be heightened!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Captain Dumbass said...

Why is it that you don't realize just how insane what you're doing is until you're airborn?