Monday, November 4, 2013

3 Cute Kids

We are throwing my dad a birthday party in a few weeks. He has never wanted a party since his 40th birthday. My mom threw him a wake and everyone came in black. Someone brought him a rubber tree as a present with condoms on it. This is the thing one remembers when one was 7 or so.

This party is going to be a bit more upbeat. We have been looking at old pictures to create some sort of a "this is your life" situation. The pictures have been hysterical for the most part. Then there are pictures like this that make me a little bit nostalgic.



This is my brother Tom, my sister Karen and me in front of our summer house in Ogunquit, Maine. I am guessing 4, 5, 10. Why are my brother and sister in their pjs? I do remember loving that owl shirt. This was our house before we added on my bedroom downstairs and way before the field behind us was filled with houses. We would play Capture the Flag on that field with the whole neighborhood. In our yard, we would play Kick the Can.

I love that we have similar haircuts. That my sister looks like the most outgoing out of all of us and still is. And that I look like I would rather crawl under a rock than have to be the focus of a picture. My parents trained us well, however, and whenever we saw the camera come out, we smiled and posed. I am sure that there will be a few more pictures along these lines.

I can't resist, we were awfully cute.

2 comments:

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

You are STILL cute, miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am SO glad you're back! Fun stuff, Sue, love it.

AB