Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween: Past and Present

Halloween has come a long way since I was little. We, for the most part, would go to KMart and buy a costume in a box: mask included. We would shove our puffy ski jackets underneath the plastic to stay warm (9 times out of 10 it was cold). Sometimes my mom would get creative or I outgrew the box costumes and I would wind up as a raisin (with a worm coming out of me?) or a cleaning woman. Who knew that the cleaning woman would become a self fulfilling prophecy. I am always picking something up or wiping something down.



At our elementary school, now, we have a parade. The children are not allowed to collect candy on this downtown walk, but we all parade around anyway. Yes, I was a giraffe. No box costume for me. This was B's Halloween costume from last year that we ordered from a sketchy website and it arrived stuffed in a sketchy envelope. The costume rocks though because it's COMFY. And if it wasn't close to 60 degrees yesterday, I would have easily been able to fit my winter coat under it.


And yes, giraffes do rock bright pink sneakers.....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were the cutiest giraffe in the parade! Nana

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

My favorite costume was Wonder Woman, you make for one adorable giraffe :)