Monday, November 18, 2013

Sick, But Still Learning

I have been home sick today. It's more of an overwhelming feeling of malaise so I have no energy whatsoever. If you know me, this is not a common feeling for me. I am doing stuff all the time. The most I have done today is sleep and lay on the couch and stare at the computer. All the while thinking of the things I should be doing with a rare day at home by myself. I am pretty sure God is giving me a message to slow the heck down and take a day for myself.

So, not to have nothing to show for my day, I learned a few things while watching TV. I watched a lot of news and some talk shows and the Millionaire show.



*I learned that koalas have chlamydia. What? Seriously the question on the Millionaire show was something along the lines of "What animal did One Direction recently come in contact with that they wished they didn't once they found out that most of this population has chlamydia?" I guess those cute little eucalyptus crunching fur balls really get around.



*I learned that Americans buy around 60 million boxes of stuffing around Thanksgiving time. The Chew filled me in on this while making 3 or 4 different kinds of their own.

It's no secret; I don't like stuffing.

*The last thing I learned was there is a newish type of massage in the Asian world.

Snake massages.

No, that does not mean you massage a snake. It means that the masseuse drapes snakes (like boa constrictors) on top of your naked body. I will be having nightmares about this. I can not even imagine spending money to have snakes draped on me. They keep 1 or 2 people in the room to make sure the snakes do not strangle you. That's encouraging, right? And relaxing. If you really want to see what a snake massage looks like go here. But be warned. Ick.

I think the creators of Indiana Jones could have changed the story line and had the chick enjoy being in a pyramid or cave (seriously, it's been awhile) with all those snakes. America could have been first with snake massages. There's something we could be proud of....not.


2 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Wow. I hope you feel better soon and get to watch some more entertaining (and less educational) television!

Anonymous said...

it's always the"innocent" ones you have to watch.

Pete