Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Where Do I Write?

Sometimes when you are writing every day, you need a little boost. Thankfully there is a list on BlogHer that gives you some prompts when you have nothing "kosher" to write about. Today's prompt is: Tell us about your writing space. Where do you write your blog posts?

I actually had thought about showing you where I write at some point because I find it interesting to think of all the places people write. Remember when you were in school and to write something both feet had to be on the floor and you had to be sitting up straight? When I took typing in high school, I had to have a similar posture. As I am writing this I am snuggled into a chair next to the fire place. There is no posture working for me right now and yet I am still accomplishing. Take that typing teacher who's name I have forgotten.



Usually, when a kid is not on it, I am on my desktop because it has all my pictures and stuff on it and things I need around it. This is the one room in the house that is the messiest because when we moved anything we didn't know what to do with, landed in this room. I have been working on it each weekend for a few hours and it is getting somewhere just not where I want it to be quickly enough. I can tell you that there is always paper and pens available near my computer. Even though I love typing, I still like to write things down. Believe it or not, I still keep an agenda book in my purse and we have a huge family calender on the wall. I love pens and different fonts and cannot satisfy my urge to doodle, write ect. while typing.



I usually have pictures of the girls and fun things around my desk so I have something happy to look at when I stare out in space. My desk chair needs lots of help however. It started to rip, so B duct taped the seat and now that is even coming up. I usually put down a pillow so I don't stick to it.

There you have it. Now you know and can see where all the magic is made. Maybe I will introduce you to the kitchen next so you can see where all the magic desserts are made.

3 comments:

Daniel Efosa Uyi said...

hey nice post girl. I love your style of blogging here. The way you writes reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog: Simple Tips To Stop Procrastinating About What You Want To Accomplish In Life .
keep up the good work.

Regards

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

I also share your love of pens and doodling. Also, I want a fireplace :)

Melisa Wells said...

Your typing teacher would be mortified if she saw my working "posture". Ugh.