Thursday, May 8, 2008

Catching news on the go

Running from thing to thing to do today, I heard 3 interesting news tidbits.

The first and most exciting one (for me anyway) is that some fine people have done a study on the color dies used in some candies. M&Ms were specifically mentioned. I think we all know of my love affair with the colorful little circles of chocolatey goodness. The blue and red dyes used in candies may combat cancer causing genes! WTF you scream?! Yes, that gives us all free reign to eat our colorful circle candies until we burst! I'm celebrating with a big handful of M&Ms right now!


Secondly, a man from Utah, vacationing in Sedona, Arizona decided to go for a hike in one of their beautiful public parks. For whatever reason, he didn't believe clothing was required. There he was hiking up the trail with his boots on and nothing else, enjoying nature at it's fullest. He even walked up to 2 women who were taking a picture and offered to take one of the 2 of them. Does Utah allow nude hiking and did this guy just assume Arizona did too? Hmmmm.


Thirdly, some Senator in Washington, thinks that "men's" magazines should be banned from the troops in Iraq. We are not talking Men's Health or GQ here. We are talking Playboy, Penthouse, etc... Can we cut these guys some slack and worry about bigger issues in the Senate? Hey, how about figuring out how to get these guys (and gals) home?


What else have I been missing this week by not watching a full hour of news and just catching bits and pieces here and there? At least I haven't heard about shootings, drugs, kidnappings etc.. Now that I think about it, these stories kept me amused all day. Everyday news doesn't usually do that for me. I think I will go have some more cancer fighting M&Ms and ponder this some more.

7 comments:

scargosun said...

Hi! I just FINALLY watched the most recent episode of DC. Phil not looking good. The guys on the Wizard annoy me and the owner's son on the Early Dawn. I think I would have thrown him overboard by now. They probably would have if a tv crew had not been there.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Phil was not looking too good. I swear he is going to have a heart attack or something. I love how oldest son is looking out for him. At least he is starting to catch some crab! I totally agree about the Wizzard kid. Military or a crab fishing boat, sounds like the kid was up to no good for awhile.

If anyone doesn't know what we are talking about, tune into the Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel. Now that's reality tv!

Laski said...

You had me at M&Ms--I LUV THEM

and now . . .

"The blue and red dyes used in candies may combat cancer causing genes!"

My life is complete.

Wineplz said...

*sigh* so happy to hear that my M&Ms are even better for me than just calming me down. ;)

KathyLikesPink said...

Pass the bowl of MnM's, sistah!

Tiffany said...

First of all, you made my day with the m&m info. Thank God I can finally justify the chocolaty goodness melting in my mouth (and not in my hand.

Second, I have lived in Utah. I am not surprised by the naked man. Not one bit.

Third, I think Washington is tying to distract us from any real issues with this crap. Ri.dic.u.lous.

Okay, the DC conversation going on between you and Scargosun is killing me. I could watch that show all day long...(secretly hoping someone falls overboard.) There, I said it.

Jules said...

M & M's combat cancer! And I'm sre that they heve zero calaries....... right?