Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Votes are Tallied

I think I will have to have you all start calling me Madame School Committee Member. I spent a good part of the day standing outside waving to voters as they entered the parking lot of the Community Center. My posse took turns standing with me, they included my mom, my MIL, my almost MIL, my dad, and a few of my friends. Even the girls got into waving at cars and waving signs and hitting each other with signs.... I digress. The polls closed at 8 and they had the results up in the window by 8:15. I felt like I did in tryouts for a school sport. You would wait at the gym locker room board for the posting and it felt so great to see your name on the team roster. Well, it was just as good tonight to see my name with so many votes next to it! Obviously, I owe brownies to lots of people! So, now I am on the school committee for the next 3 years anyway. I hope to serve the town well and make some good decisions for the kids in town (and the ones that come from out of town). Just wanted to let you all know before my head hits the pillow. I am not sure what is more sore, my arm from waving, my neck from sunburn or my cheeks from smiling. Either way, it is a good kind of sore!

10 comments:

Wineplz said...

Congrats! That's excellent news!!! I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job making those important decisions.

scargosun said...

YEAAAAAA! Congratulations! You have the right attitude and that goes a long way. You will do a wonderful job!

MsFish said...

YAY for SUZIE School COmmittee!!!

Anonymous said...

That's exciting!! Now go shake things up (whatever that means)

scargosun said...

Sue - yes Queen Mommy is a DC fan too. I forgot to post again on here with my review of Tues episode. I FINALLY saw it when the DVR was working. Anyway, nice to see Erick on the NA but I miss his other crew. Also, Keith being hypocritical when he said he NEVER touched other guys' pots. HELLO port or potty! Where did they find Moi anyway? He always looks like he's about to cry.

Laski said...

Wow!!! Congrats! I'm gonna bet that you'll be the best committee member they've seen in a long time (especially if you keep everyone loaded up on brownies!).

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You go girl!

KathyLikesPink said...

It's been a crazy week and I'm getting caught up on my blog reading - MAJOR CONGRATS on being elected to the School Committee!

You are in for a lot of work but I'm sure it will be very rewarding.

Our small town has a similar situation, in that families from the larger towns and even cities school-choice their kids to our school. You just never know from one year to the next how it's going to go.

Rebecca said...

fantastic! you'll do a great job!

Jules said...

I am WAY behind on my readings. A BIG HUGE
*C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!!!!

Woo hoo!!