My top 10 things of Blogher09 (in no particular order)
1. Learning how to eat a kiwi with a "spife".
This was one of the best pieces of swag I could have brought home. My family was amazed by the ingenuity. Yeah, I know, it doesn't take much to impress us.
2. Chicago Pizza
Deep dish pizza with "ingredients", not "toppings".
3. A store that sells cookie dough. Yeah, that's right: raw cookie dough (with no eggs!) Hmm, I am seeing a food theme here....
4. A party where it was ok to wear a bag on your head. I was impressed with some people's bag hat ingenuity.
Me and Colleen (wineplz)
5. My fabulous roomie/friend who opened up her house to a bunch of us. She is even more delightful in person than on her blog (if you can believe that!).
Melisa (with ONE s)
6. The "seaman" party in room L. It was a late night blockbuster!
7. Gary. He called my his "fag hag" and it was instantaneous bffs from then on. Can't wait to take him up to Ptown some day!
8. Swag. Unbelievable amounts of swag. OK, so much swag that I mailed home my dirty laundry via the Postal service and filled my suitcase with the free gifts I brought home to share with my family. Who knew all I really had to bring them home were spifes?!
9. The fabulous bloggers that I got to meet in real life! It was such a relief to my family that they were not inter. predat. and so great to see that they were as honest, funny and beautiful as they come across on their blogs.
Colleen and me
Michelle, WeaselBarb, Melisa
WeaselBarb, me, Michelle
Me with Vodka Mom
Heather, Liz, Melisa
Dawn, Me, Manic Mommy
Melisa, Me and WeaselBarb in front of the WienerMobile!
Mrs. 4444 and Tara
10. The fantastic city of Chicago! We snuck out one morning to see Millenium Park where they had big picture walls that squirted water, the magic bean, and yoga in the park. And Navy Pier looked so cool from the 32nd floor of the Sheraton.
Next year, I hope to find myself at Blogher10 in NYC. It is the first weekend in August if anyone is interested!