Thursday, October 2, 2008

French Food

Setting: Car

Who?: B, K, my mom and me

When: After school

What the heck?:
B started telling us how the gym teacher taught health today and the topic was healthy eating. The kids were handed menus from the Squire (a local restaurant) and were told to pretend they were eating out and pick what they wanted. Then they were encouraged to think ahead, way ahead... They had graduated college and were now Nutritionists. Donald Trump was coming for dinner and the kids had to make a menu knowing his health issues.

B was chosen to read her menu out loud. She gave him Ceasar salad, a fruit cup, steak, V8 juice and some other stuff. Very good, A+.

Then a boy in the class was chosen to read his menu out loud. He had the whole class in stitches because (according to B) he was feeding the Donald everything on the menu. Including 30 Bud Lights for his beverage. Mr. W., the gym/health teacher, said that the Donald would not exactly be eating the best foods and therefore the boy in the class was "fired" from his nutritionist position.

B says to us, "I didn't know french food was so bad for you!"

My mom says, "I didn't know the Squire served french food."

B says, "Yes they do. Practically everything on the menu! Like they had soup DU JOUR, vegetables DU JOUR......"

I swear I can't make this stuff up! She knew that du jour was french, she just didn't understand it meant 'soup on the day',' vegetable of the day'....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tee Hee! I'm still laughing. That girl is really funny! :)

Unknown said...

that is funny - although I think at some point in time, friends of mine have been known to drink 30 bud lights at the Squire after dark - LOL!
Oh and he forgot French Fries!

scargosun said...

That is great. She got half of it. :)

Vodka Mom said...

that is freaking great! I love it!!

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

That kind of stuff is priceless...
Tell her not to feel too badly about her faux pas...
I make those kind of blunders on a regular basis!

;)
Jackie

Sarah Clapp said...

THAT'S AWESOME! LOL!!

Manic Mommy said...

Too funny! At least it wasn't French Fries or French Toast.