Monday, October 20, 2008

Wellfleet Oyster Festival

Yesterday we went to the Wellfleet Oyster Festival. I would have written about it last night if my fingers weren't still frozen. Brrrrr, it was COLD! We had on layers, scarves and mittens! It wasn't so much the temp as it was the wind blowing through the town. Anyway, we did have fun and my dad had his share of oysters. (Yeah, married to a fisherman, don't like shellfish, that's irony for you).

My dad likes his oysters with hot sauce and horseradish. Very nicely presented, Dad.

This is a little church in the town center. I don't think it is a church anymore, but I love the doors anyway. The festival is always this same weekend every year if you want to plan on coming with me next year. Just bring mittens and lots of layers!

4 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

I LOVE damn oysters. I am SO jealous! I love them with hot sauce and horseradish. as well. I can just taste them now. mmmm.

scargosun said...

OH MY FLIPPIN G! I am so insanely jealous right now I don't know what to do with myself.

Sarah Clapp said...

I could eat oysters the way your dad eats them all day long. And I love them from the Cod. (And PEI) YUMMY!!!!! So jealous!

Summer said...

I don't like oysters but love Cape Cod. As I told you before I'm so jealous of you living there. I didn't know you're married to a fisherman. How cool. Oh, I love scallops.