Monday, February 16, 2009

The Chicken Wrap Caper

I thought I would clean my oven this morning. I do and do not like to be home when I do this. I do because I don't want my house to burn down and I don't because of the smell. It's an easy thing to do, lock the oven and turn it to clean for 3 hours. Evidently my oven was a little dirty because it set off the smoke alarms and the house smelled real bad. I guess that proves I cook and bake a lot, maybe not well, but I try.

The girls and I decided to go to Hyannis, the "big city" of Cape Cod. We invited my mom to go with us (because she just needs to get out more, haha). I enticed her with a Filet-O-Fish from McDonalds. She jumped at the chance. McDonalds, ACMoore and Borders, a fun filled schedule for sure. The whole way to Hyannis, Brooke is complaining about how much she smells like oven. I had to admit, we really didn't smell too good, but my mom was not complaining.

We pull into McDonalds and had all the time in the world to go in and eat, but that never seems to occur to me. We hit the drive through as usual. My mom told B she should run in the rest. and catch the smell of McDs. She said "Yeah, right".

B and I get the chicken wraps that somehow seem healthier for you than a whopper. I hand B's back to her and then grab her fries. As I turn to give her her fries, she is waving the wrap in front of her stomach and chest, purposely.
me, "What are you doing?"
B, "I am trying to smell like chicken wrap instead of oven."

I couldn't drive for like 5 minutes because I was laughing so hard. I think I actually pulled stomach muscles.

I was very grateful for a good laugh. I am surprised we were able to do any of our errands after that. Finally, when we went to Old Navy, we tested out some melon spray.

Now sitting here, sipping wine, I smell like oven, McDonalds, melon spray and lots of scented Purel.

Hmm, maybe it's time for a shower.

7 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Make sure when you take a shower that you use scented shower gel. :)

I need to get to the Cape. I've only been there once, when I was 19 or something. Will you buy me a Filet O Fish if I come up there?

(Just kidding: I hate those things.)

Mary Ellen said...

I love that - 'smells like oven' - totally giggling here.

WeaselMomma said...

Funny. I can picture the chicken wrap wave!

Caution/Lisa said...

It must have been bad to prefer the chicken wrap!

k a t i e said...

Am I living in some 3rd world country where to clean an oven takes 3 hours of SCRUBBING the damn thing yourself? Being on hands and knees with a scourer (and usually a cat trying to make a home in there) while you swear and moan as you scrub like a maniac and completely destroy the muscles in your arms, making them useless for the next few days from over-exertion??


Just another reason why I need to move to America.

Mags said...

I am so overdue for self-cleaning the oven. I dread it!!!

Burgh Baby said...

You need to bottle that scent and sell it. I bet you would make, um, pennies!