Monday, April 27, 2009

FLA day 5

Matt went back to Cape Cod and we headed to the zoo! The Brevard Zoo to be exact. The highlight? Feeding the giraffes! B LOVES (x 3000) giraffes! The girls got to feed them crackers. The zoo was so smart and had a platform so we were right at "giraffe" eye level!


B tried to take one home with us, but it's really hard to sneak a giraffe anywhere. 

There were lots and lots of birds. The girls and Grandma got to feed some of them. I just laughed, oh yeah, and took incriminating pictures of Grandma. I couldn't resist!

Food in the little cups. Must be like crack to these birds because they could not get enough of it!


Then we saw rhinos....

and alpaca......





and turtles! OH MY!
Nothing like dragging out a vacation for you all. One more day, OK?

3 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

HI! I'm a Cape Codder that relocated to FL 3 years ago. My kids grew up in Mashpee and my son still lives there.

Do you fly to Orlando from Logan? I always fly Southwest out of Providence...less traffic and the parking situation is much better.

Enjoyed your blog and your kids are seriously cute.

SurprisedMom said...

Your photos are wonderful! This is as close as I've gotten to Florida and may be as close as I get for some time. I agree . . . your kids are "seriously cute." It looks like you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy!

Melisa Wells said...

Great pictures!!! I'm totally jealous of your trip: haven't been to FL in years. I'm definitely going with you next time...