Wednesday, June 17, 2009

WTF Wednesday

Maybe I will start a new tradition and do WTF Wednesdays.

Today's subject: Condoms.

I had about 12 Vilanova graduates stay at my rental house this past weekend. (Side note: if you are thinking of sending your kids there, make sure they can drink because there were 5, 30 packs e-m-p-t-y in my garage.) Anyway, they were down to celebrate a friend's nuptuals.

You know those games where there are 2 circles stuck together and you can ask a question and turn the circle and there will be a little window opening on the answer? (I am hoping you answer yes here, because I don't know how else to explain them). Well someone brought about 50 of those to my rental house and there were about 25 left over for me to peruse. They had to do with why it is important to use a condom when having sex and on the other side many other ideas for you to do with your "friend" other than having sex. Nothing says intmacy when you are a teen like cooking dinner together or reading a poem you just wrote. Of course I saved them and will be indescrimenantly handing them out on the last day of school (and at Blogher if I have any left).

About 3 hours later, I am in the grocery store buying a watermelon for the 3/4th grade softball BBQ when I look up and realize that my checker-outer boy's name is none other than Trojan.

WTF?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL - you are SO funny Sue!!!

hey I will be on the Cape - maybe next weekend, but will definitly be there from the 4th of July through about the 17th of July - we should meet for at least ice cream at Sundae School!!

J'Ollie Primitives said...

I hope his last name isn't Ribbed.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

But the question remains...does a guy named Trojan live up the name???

Can you imagine if he didn't?

Hallie :)

Melisa Wells said...

Wow.

And YES, I know what those circle thingies are!!!

SurprisedMom said...

I didn't know whether to LOL or groan. Who would name their son Trojan? And why? I don't know the game, but it sounds interesting.

Vodka Mom said...

wait, i've got an extra condom here. (You know- that one I found in my BACK YARD). I'll bring it to BlogHer and add it to your pile of goodies!!!

Manic Mommy said...

Was his middle name "broke"?

Mrs4444 said...

That's funny. I'd love to see one of those things. Is there a website listed on them anywhere?

k a t i e said...

Who calls their child Trojan?

After a small accident when one perhaps didn't work as well as it should, maybe...?

Mary Ellen said...

I'm with Katie. That kid has to be named after the device that failed in order to produce him!

Seriously, though, who names their kid that?

Evansmom said...

I like unusual names but Trojan? what is the rest of the family named? IUD, Pill and Unprotected?

WTF is right. Thanks for the laugh!