Thursday, August 18, 2011

Oooooh, Those Summer Nights

The absolute best thing about living on Cape Cod is being able to head down to the beach for cocktail hour. The light is beautiful, the beach is almost empty (except for that May/December couple completely making out in front of us) and the water looks magical.

So in light of my favorite part of a summer's day, I bring you a cocktail....


Some music...


My niece who can just peek over the picinic table at almost 1 year old...


My niece again because she is so beautiful...


A seal floating aimlessly along without knowledge that there are great whites out there waiting to strike at any moment...


The first attempt at my sister's Christmas card photo (there will obviously be quite a few after this....)....


B and I posing for a photo...


B making fun of me attempting to do a handstand in someone's left over sand hole....


And a happy baby and her daddy.


What's your favorite time of the day?

5 comments:

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

This would be my favorite time of the day, too! What awesome pictures and, yes, I love it when you post pics of your niece. She is absolutely gorgeous, like the rest of her clan :)

Tara R. said...

Perfect time of day, just different beach.

Your niece is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures, Sue. How can R be almost a year old and B almost 13? Where does the time go? My verication word is "bless" and that I truly am. xxxooo's Nana

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Honestly my favorite part of the day is at night when my kids are both sleeping and I can flop down in bed and I can listen to the quiet of my house. I think about all the funny things my kids did that day and all the things I'm thankful for and revel in the fact that no one's hollering for Mom!

Melisa Wells said...

My favorite part of the day depends on the day. :)

And my word verification is SWOON! How cool is that? :)