Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sundays in My City (Irene Edition)


Unknown Mami


Went out for an hour long drive around to survey the storm action with K, B and my mom.

When I drove into my parents driveway, my dad was catching some hurricane rays (yes, the sun was out)...


The Fish Pier at high tide was flooding a bit..


Looks like someone is going to need a new kite..


 The beach that was so calm yesterday was quite choppy today...


One of the stores downtown put out the welcome mat..


20 minutes into our ride it started pouring so badly that I had to take this picture through the window..


Then the sun came out again..
Perfect time to swing, right?


The girls attempted to see how strong the wind really was..



This is usually a dock I take wedding pictures on. I have never seen it under water before..


Found one tree down, convienently short enough not to hit the house..


A little road flooding..

 
And some pretty clouds in the sky..


Thankfully we missed the brunt of this storm, but I already heard that another one was brewing in the atlantic....
Hope you are safe!

8 comments:

Caution/Lisa said...

Best Irene report I've read! The networks need to hire you :)

Anonymous said...

I love your Irene report...so peaceful! :)

Tara R. said...

After reading, I had to check NOAA to see what Jose was doing. Looks like that one will miss the Gulf too. Glad you weathered the storm with no serious damage.

Betty said...

Such nice photos! Glad it never materialzed into something awful.
Thanks for sharing, Sue.

Melisa Wells said...

Glad Irene wasn't too hard on you!! Yay!

Keetha Broyles said...

We're safe! For some strange reason Hurricanes never make it to Central Wisconsin. ;-)

Eternal Lizdom said...

So glad you and yours are safe and sound!

I can't find my blog said...

Nice to hear you weathered the storm ok!