Thursday, January 16, 2014

Sundae, Sundae

My grandmother has been gone for more than 20 years this month. I still think of her almost every day. I have this picture of her on my dresser.



The woman loved hot fudge sundaes. I lived with her for a few springs in Ogunquit, after college got out and before summer began. At night, we would sit together and eat hot fudge sundaes. Sometimes we would have company, sometimes it was just the 2 of us.

She brought my dad and my uncle up with the saying, "Nothing is so bad that a hot fudge sundae can't help".

I am a strong believer in ice cream helping all sorts of problems.

It is also a great celebration tool.

But, yesterday, I decided to expand the magic of ice-cream healing.

Yesterday, Bobby and I had to discuss finances. (Big ick)


I thought, why not discuss an uncomfortable topic at the SAME TIME as having ice-cream?! It turned out to be a fantastic idea (I know, you are welcome). We enjoyed creating our ice-cream smorgasbord and while we were eating, we pulled out the bill page and actually discussed things in a calm manner.

Crazy, but true. Thanks Grandma for your infinite wisdom!! xoxo

Warning, ice-cream nor ice-cream sundaes actually bring in money or allow you to find money, but they make talking about the money you don't have in January on Cape Cod a lot more tolerable. 

2 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Noted. I will definitely use this strategy in the future. :)

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

I would have loved your Grandmother, too :)