Sunday, April 13, 2008

Paris, but a memory...

While having Sunday night supper tonight with my parents, sister and brother in law, my mom and I realized at this time last year we were in Paris. As in Paris, France, not as in Paris, Maine. It was what I really, really wanted for my 40th birthday. I had been in France for 5 weeks my sophomore year in college and so badly wanted to go back! I tried to get a group of friends to go, but everyone said, "Great idea, but no can do". So I persuaded (begged) my mom into going with me. We found a great deal on Travelocity that included air fare and hotel. We had the absolute greatest time!!!! My mom and I are very compatible and had the same goals for our trip. We are not the type of people that have to see every painting in every museum. We are more of the sit at a cafe and drink wine, eat brie and bread and people watch. We did plenty of that since the weather was beautiful and in the 70's the whole week (very rare for Paris). We read books, talked, laughed and took about 1000 pictures. My french came back fairly quick considering I hadn't been speaking it in quite a few years. If you want to look at some of my pictures from the trip, go here and use the password: paris. I will write some more specifics from our trip tomorrow.

6 comments:

Jules said...

That was you MOM in the pctures? No way! She looks like your sister.
I loved your flowers, Monet's garden (so peaceful) and you with the two icecreams!

How fun.

Jules said...

Oh drat. I forgot. E-mail me, 'kay?

Anonymous said...

Jules, I think I love you!

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

What a wonderful celebration for the 40th birthday! I will be 40 in December and we have much smaller goals...we are going away for 4 day weekend!!!

Going to look at the pics now!

Melisa Wells said...

How fun! I'm going to look at the photos now!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Queen Mommy, I do think celebrating your 40th is a great idea, no matter how you do it! I had whined for 20 years that I wanted to go back to France. I am only hoping it doesn't take another 20 to get back there again!