Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pearls of Wisdom

I have been trying to make an office, a bedroom for the summer rental season. This is requiring me to clean out thousands of pictures, random stuff for craft projects, pictures the girls have painted, lots of fleece, my gift closet and a few folders. In one of my folders I found a small page I tore out of Family Circle on 11/20/01. It was titled Patti's Pearls of Wisdom. I have no idea who Patti is, but she had some good advice so I thought I would share....

*The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them.
*Every exit is an entrance to someplace else.
*Your self-worth is more important than your net worth.
*Anger is like the blade of a butcher knife--very difficult to hold on to for long without harming yourself.
*You can't smooth out the surf, but you can learn to ride the wave.
*Look at life through the windshield, not the rearview mirror.
*Don't try to change the wind_change the sails.

Do you have a favorite?

5 comments:

Don Mills Diva said...

Those are all pearls of wisdom indeed - I like the first one the best...

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Hey Sue! Here are mine, writing related, or life related, that surround me as I write and think:

Talent, Persistence, Timing (TPT)

A published author is an amateur who doesn't quit.

The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is that unsuccessful people fail more.

"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford

Fortune cookie: There's no way you can hit the ball if you're thinking about all the ways to miss it. Focus on your goal.

And just the words:

Dream

Simplify

Inspire

You asked about Michael's care page on my blog. I didn't want to publicly share it but if you email me at manicmommy@comcast.net I feel comfortable giving it to you so you can read it and pray for him and if you wanted to, you can leave a message and tell the family you are a friend of Stephanie's and you wanted to pray for Michael. That would be nice, if you want.

Thank you. And thanks for your own shared pearls of wisdom.

Marie around the World said...

Hi Sue ! I came out of curiosity after reading your comment on Classy Chaos and I KNEW after looking at your picture that it was taken in Paris !!
Mr Son is so clingy and (whiny...spell?) tonight that I'll have to come back later.I had time though to read your 2 posts about Paris, looks like the It-Trip for you...and of course it is, I am deeply in love with Paris after living there for 15 years (and the best years, between 15 and 30, without kids!). Anyway, let's talk later !
Bonne Journee Madame Sue !! ;-D
PS I forgot the subject of your post ! Here is mine :
"The most important thing she had learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one" Jill Churchill

Suburbia said...

I'll try to hold on to the first one!

KathyLikesPink said...

Mhy mother in law had four boys...when they would get a scrape but not stop their playing, she used to say "No Brain, No Pain". I know it's not exactly a life affirming pearl of wisdom but it's all I can come up with right now - and it always made me laugh.