Monday, November 12, 2012

Squash and Chuzy Tots

Since I went to Stonewall Kitchen, my culinary curiosity has gotten the better of me. Don't get carried away, I have not turned into a food blogger quite yet.

Last night I baked a butternut squash. Before last night, my experience with butternut squash was boiling pre cut pieces or ordering butternut bisque at a restaurant. Yesterday,I actually bought a squash, washed it, cut it in half and put on butter, salt, pepper and brown sugar. Yes, it was delicious.

The other night, at our local watering hole, there was a new appetizer on the menu, "chuzy tots". I was confused about what exactly a chuzy tot was, but then found out that the waitress did not write too clearly and it was suppose to say cheesy tots.

B and I tried out our chuzy tot recipe today. Tater tots, bacon and melted cheese. Mmmmm, mmmm good!! We tried them with ketchup and sour cream (at different times) and they were good either way. Not exactly a low fat, high energy food, but a perfect snack for watching a football game on a cold fall day. B wants to introduce them to Thanksgiving dinner, but I am not sure the family is ready for that kind of tradition shake up.


3 comments:

kk said...

Totally ready for the Thanksgiving Day cheesy Tots! Bring it!

Mrs4444 said...

Sounds like a Wisconsin recipe! Maren laughs at how we put cheese on basically EVERYthing.haha

Melisa Wells said...

Can you come over and make that for me? YUM.