Wednesday, March 11, 2009

English is tricky...

We are in the car on our way to Dairy Queen that has opened after being closed all winter (yippee!) and B pipes up from the back seat
"I heard a new word for gay today."
me, "Really? What is it?"
B, "um, mo-mo I think."
me, "Yeah, that would be homo and it's not something you want to be calling people."
This led to a full discussion on homosexuality and genetics, etc....

The other day B and I are in the car (why is it always the car?) and we are talking about the jump rope competition. I told her I was going to make our lunch for that day because I wasn't sure what was being served in the cafeteria. Who wants to jump rope after eating spaghetti? I said there was going to be a bake sale, too and she could get something there if she wanted.
Her response? "Well when you have a mom who makes brownies 2 or 3 times a week because she is depressed, you kind of get used to that kind and no one else's taste as good."
me, "Depressed? I do not bake because I am DE-pressed. I bake because I am STR-essed."
Good Lord what kind of rumors is she spreading around about me?

5 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

If you're baking that much, where the hell are my brownies? I don't care if you bake cuz your depressed, stressed or clinically insane!! I just want brownies!!

Hallie

WeaselMomma said...

Now you know why everybody at school has been giving you those polite smiles from a distance, lol.

tamilyn said...

or is it because you are REPR-essed? Hmmmm, I agree with Hallie-that much baking I want some freaking brownies too.

Melisa Wells said...

Or are you always facing west?

(Dumb, I know. Couldn't resist.)

Mary Ellen said...

Stressed, depressed or repressed, I love me some brownies!