Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Boys and Girls

It started with the 2 of the 3 boy nephews coming over (read invading) after school. Girls and boys are so different. I love them like my own kids, but they have so much more energy about them. It's funny, it's not going to the cupboard to get a snack, it's raiding the cupboard, eating something and then asking if I have any snacks. My girls come home, have a waffle or cinnamon toast, quietly. My only analogy is one group moves like a ballet, the other like a mosh pit.
We were the 1/2 of the family that got the Wii for Christmas, so our house has been a hot bed of activity. It's so funny to watch the personalities come out while playing. My 10yr old, K, is a petite, all girl, girl.... that is until she does the boxing. The tiger comes out in her and she is trash talking the other player on the screen. It is hysterical to watch. My 9 yr old, B, is into the Hannah Montana game and can't just stand on the floor and play, but has to stand on the hassock while dancing. My oldest (13)nephew, S, thinks he is the cat's a@* and tells everyone he is better than them even if he isn't. Nephew 2, C, is 10 and gets so into the games. He could probably play games all day, as long as there were breaks for snacks and sweettart hearts. My nephew, J, who is 8, gets mad because he is the youngest and he tries so hard to beat the older kids. All in all, it is so great to watch 5 cousins play, laugh and fake tackle each other. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

1 comment:

Rick said...

Everybody has got a Wii. If I'm going to keep up with the Jones I'm going to have to get me one of those.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/