Sunday, November 2, 2014

Day Light Savings

Day 2 of NaBloPoMo and I am going to whine (not wine).


We turned the clocks back last night. Who doesn't love an extra hour of sleep, right? Yes, that is the best part of it. The unfortunate part is that pretty damn soon it will be dark at 4pm. Guess what time I get out of work? 3:45pm. Do you know what this means? No daylight for me in the afternoon.

I crave daylight.

I need daylight.

I look much hotter with a tan. (What?)

Getting dark early means many more hours fighting someone for the couch. Or the big comfy chair. Or a decent tv show that does not include blood, aliens or zombies.

Getting dark early means I am driving kids to after school activities in the dark.

Getting dark early means I want to hibernate. Curling up on the couch with a book and some popcorn?! Who needs to dust, vacuum, do the laundry, make dinner....oh, wait, I do. So much for hibernating.

So, if you need me between now and March, I will be pretending that my fireplace is the sun. You can get a tan from a gas fireplace, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, and no tan lines necessary. just warn the kids the living room is "Adults only" ;). Garth

Melisa Wells said...

You should move to the North Pole. It's pretty light there.

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

Oh Garth, STOP IT!

Tara R. said...

I don't understand why we even still have DST. The time changes now and in March throw me off for weeks.