Saturday, November 29, 2014

Dreaming


A few years ago, B would dream about going on a Disney Cruise ship vacation. She would scour the website and plan our vacation. She would pick our dinners, our excursions and our rooms. We obviously had the best virtual vacations one could possibly have. This past April she finally had her dream come true and got to go on a Disney Cruise. She loved it! She especially loved the food and the stop at Castaway Cay.

I decided to make my dream vacation tonight. Because I was feeling generous, I included Bobby, the 4 kids and myself. I figured we may as well all have a great time in my fantasy. So with direct air fare from Boston and 2 rooms with all of our meals for one week, it will only cost us $26,377. AND 2 cents. One would figure if they charged you more than $26 THOUSAND DOLLARS, they would round down? You would probably wind up spending that extra $377.02 in tips!

I know that there are people in this world that have that kind of money and do not think twice about planning a vacation like this. I, however, (and pretty much all of my friends) do not have this kind of money. I do hope that if I do have some extra money like this some day, I would share.

Would you share?

1 comment:

Melisa Wells said...

Two things: I'm going on a cruise next month but it's CARNIVAL and will cost pennies (PENNIES. FOR REAL.) compared to that fantasy trip, YIKES! LOL

And if I had oodles and oodles of money, you can bet I'd plan a girls' trip/retreat for me and all of my friends. Start figuring out the cost of that when you get a sec. No Disney though. Too expensive. :)